Informasjon om Norge og norske forhold
Information about Norway and other Norwegian matters
Her skal en forsøke å legge opp til noen adresser og annet stoff som kan være av generell interess om Norge og norske forhold.
Here we will try to give some links to information that are not directly of genealogical subject, but other subject that migt be of interest for other people
En offentlig portal som skal hjelpe brukerne å finne fram til offentlige tjenester og informasjon. Hjemmesidene som norge.no peker til, er underlagt kvalitetskrav som markerer at tjenesten er offentlig.
Public sector information and services on the internet. This service has been established by the Central Government in order to provide easy access via Internet to information about services and regulations emanating from the state, county and municipal levels.
- The Royal House of Norway
- Det Norsk Kongehuset
- Read the Norway Daily?
Norway Daily is a daily news bulletin from Norway, based on news, editorials and commentaries from the major Norwegian daily newspapers. Norway Daily is compiled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and is published daily on ODIN
- Norway Post
The Norway Post is the only English speaking daily newschannel published in Norway specifically for the Internet. The newschannel’s aim is to offer its readers a timely picture of life and current events in Norway. Each business day, information from at home and around the world is gathered, edited and presented.
The Norwegian Newsletter
- Norway – just now
- ODIN – Facts about Norway
ODIN is the central web-server for the Norwegian Government, the Office of the Prime Minister and the ministries
- Eidsvoll 1814 – Rikspolitisk senter
- The Constitution Hall/The Eidsvoll Manor
- Lofoten Links Page
Links to pages with Lofoten contents and with english language
- Billedsamlingen / Photocollection
Universitetsbiblioteket i Trondheim (UBiT) har samlet på bilder helt siden århundreskiftet.
Samlingene er for det meste bygd opp av gaver, dødsbo og fotografarkiv.
Bildene er fra tidsrommet 1850-1990 årene, med hovedtyngden fra perioden 1870-1940.
The liberary at the Univercity of Trondheim has for many year save a many thousands photo back to the last centure
Most of the photo is a result for gifte, estate of deceased persons and arcive from professional photographer
The pictures is from the time 1850- 1990 bur the main are from 1870-1940
Portrettsamling / potrets, about/ca. 70.000 bilder/pictures
Prospektsamling (landskapsbilder) /Prospectures directed (landscape), about/ca. 15.000 bilder/pictures
Emneordnet samling /subject orientated collection , ca. 4500 bilder/pictures
Arkiv etter yrkesfotografer/ arcives from professional photographer, ca. 250.000 negativer /negatives
- Uidentifiserte bilder Unidentified Photos
- Billedsamlingen ved Nasjonalbiblioteket
har en rekke bilder av uidentifiserte personer og ukjente landskaper. Alle forslag er velkomne
- Galleri NOR
- Fotosamlingen -Tromsø Museum
Halvparten av fotosamlingen ved Tromsø museum
- Norske bilder / Norwegian pictures
Over 6700 norske bilder fra tilden 1800 til 1920.
A beautiful photogallery with over 67000 from Norway (mainly late 1800 to 1920). English language are not yet ready
has already more than 350 panorama pictures inside, so there is more than enough to look at in this beautiful, magical country.
- Course in Norwegian History on Internet
Course in Norwegian History on Internet by University of Bergen, Department of History
- Norske målestørrelser / Norwegian measurements and minting
This is a site about the historical and perhaps forgotten measurements and minting we once had in Norway
- The Online Medieval and Classical Library
(OMACL) is a collection of some of the most important literary works of Classical and Medieval civilization.
- Resources for the Study of Norwegian
- The Norwegian Language Council
Norsk språkråd (The Norwegian Language Council) is the Norwegian government’s advisory body in matters pertaining to the Norwegian language and language planning.
- Lita dataordliste fra norsk språkråd
- Vikings attaks Europe
- King Halvdan the Black
- St. Olaf
- Regal Lines in Northern Europe
- Traditional naming patterns in Norway
- The Northern Lights Route
The Northern Lights Route presents its viewers with the fascinating and compelling qualities of the northern regions. This net presentation offers a glimpse into northern traditions. We wish to show the once daring journeys toward the far corners of the ancient world and offer you descriptions of life as it once was lived and still is lived, in this bordering area of sea and ice on the distant shores of northern Europe
- The NORDIC FAQ
- An ASCII map of Scandinavia
- Norway – basic facts
- What are the Nordic Graphemes?
- How are these represented in Usenet postings and E-Mail?
- Pros and cons of the different representations.
- How do I set up support for 7-bit ISO-646 representation?
- How do I set up support for 8-bit ISO-8859-1 representation?
- About measures and figures
- Why is it advisable to use the metric system in s.c.n?
- How long is a Nordic mile?
- A warning about decimal commas and delimiters
- All XXXs are YYY, ain’t that so?
- Bunader – Norwegian costums – all of them ?
- Bunader – Norwegian costums
- TRAVEL NORWAY
Go to Norway to visit relatives
- The World Factbook
- The special Nordic characters in the alphabet
- Keybord symbole – Accessing Special Characters
- «RUNES» Pages with Runic fonts and other information
- Northern European Languages and Fonts
- Norsk politisk oppslagsverk
- Stortingets representanter Eidsvoll-2001
- Norsk Krigsleksikon!